Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Have Your Say Forum
If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use the Forum.
We have commissioned Explain Market Research Limited to host and manage this Forum on our behalf. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 02366703 and have our registered office at Northumbria House, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham, DH1 5FJ. Explain Market Research Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 02880683 and has its registered office at The Core, Newcastle Helix, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 5TF.
“We”, “us” and “our” and “NWL” refers to Northumbrian Water Limited, operating as Northumbrian Water/Essex & Suffolk Water.
“Content” means everything contained in, or accessible from, the Forum which has been produced by us or on our behalf. “Content” does not include postings made by Forum users/members.
“Postings” means all information, data, artwork, text, photographs, videos, messages and any other material which you or any other any member posts on or uploads to the Forum.
“Website” means the website which hosts the Forum. These Terms only apply to the website which hosts the Forum, being haveyoursaynwg.co.uk.
“You”, “your” and “yours” refers to you, the person using the Forum
Changes to Terms
From time to time, we may make changes to these Terms, this will be done without any specific notice.
If the Terms do change, the next time you login you will be presented with the revision and asked to agree to the revised Terms before proceeding to use the Forum.
- This Forum contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these Terms.
- All trademarks reproduced in this Forum, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the Website.
- If you would like to create a text link to the Forum from your own website, you do not need any permission for this. However, we reserve the right to require you to remove any such link if we do not feel that it is appropriate.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the Content, nor its suitability for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this Forum is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Website meet your specific requirements.
- The experiences, ideas and opinions posted on the Forum are those of individual members. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted. People who work at NWL and /or Explain will participate in conversations and provide accurate information and answers to questions as needed. We cannot, in any circumstances, accept responsibility for errors or omissions in any of the Content of this Website, or for any action or decisions based on the Content. Neither can we be responsible for the consequences of reliance on any Content no matter how it is presented. Any advice given by NWL and / or Explain on the Forum will be of a general nature. Specific enquiries made by Forum users/members in regard to their own account or service will be removed from the Forum and, with the user’s/member’s permission, passed onto the relevant Explain and /or NWL team who will respond as they are able.
More information can be found in our Forum Guidelines.
- You are responsible for all your Postings (“Your Postings”). If you did not create Your Postings yourself, you are responsible for obtaining the owner’s consent to use it on the Website or in connection with the Forum.
- The Forum works best when users can share, and access, each others’ Postings. You are welcome to upload Your Postings as you wish, subject to these Terms, and to the guidance in the ‘Have Your Say’ Forum guidelines. In order to share fully, and make the Forum a success, we need your permission to make Your Postings available to other users. By using the Website you agree to grant us a worldwide, royalty-free license to use Your Postings. We have the right to download and copy Postings for content analysis and customer research purposes. Findings from the discussions, surveys and polls that take place on the Forum may be used in other communications activity, however all members will be completely anonymous.
- This license will not be exclusive to us, in that you can allow other people to use the material too. The license is also transferable in that the material can be used by, for example, other site users, or sub-contractors of NWL.
- While we manage the Forum we are not responsible for the Content of the Postings, which are provided by site users/members. We can have no liability for any losses or damage which are in any way related to the content of these Postings.
- If anyone notifies us that anything in Your Postings has infringed their intellectual property rights, we may withdraw any, or all, of Your Postings immediately, in order to investigate such claims.
- If anything in Your Postings is found to have infringed another party’s intellectual property rights, and we suffer any losses or damages as a result, you agree to indemnify us against all claims and proceedings arising from such infringement.
In order to keep your personal information safe, we would recommend that you do not include any personal information, whether about yourself or someone else, in Your Postings. You need to be aware that, if you include any personal information in Your Postings, it may not be secure. If you include personal information about other people you may be liable yourself and may also do something which makes us liable. You agree to indemnify NWL and any relevant third party against any claim or proceeding which is related to any personal information in Your Postings.
Moderation and member conduct
- You are responsible for how you behave towards other users of the Website. Explain Market Research Limited will act as site moderator, and will monitor any disputes between individual users, and we cannot be responsible for resolving them.
- Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
A cookie is a small data file that’s stored on your computer. It contains the address of the Website and codes that your browser sends back to the Website each time you visit a page there. Cookies may contain limited personal information, for example to remember your username when you re-visit.
The Website uses four cookies. The first cookie is a 'session' cookie, which is essential for the activation of the page and is deleted when your browser is closed.
The second cookie is for Google Analytics. Google analytics is optional for Explain’s website, if you would like information on Google Analytics cookies and how to update your preferences, please visit:
The fourth cookie is called comm login which becomes active when you select the “keep me logged in” checkbox on any device. The cookie stores a hashed token for 60 days which will keep you logged in on that device for that period.
Communications and email alerts
By creating an account on the Have Your Say Forum, you are giving your express consent to receive transactional emails from the Forum. The receipt of these emails is important to help you keep up to date on the Forum and its content. For the avoidance of doubt, “transactional emails” are those emails that relate to the content being posted into the Forum, such as updates and reminders on new Postings, and include emails relating to your Forum account, notifications and topics such as prize draws. Such consent does not extend to any other form of communication from us (NWL), for example marketing or promotional communications.
Community moderators may also email you in relation to any user account queries or issues, such as infringements on the Have Your Say Forum guidelines.
If you do not wish to receive transactional emails or alerts from the Forum, then please either stop using the Forum or do not join the Have Your Say Forum.
Third party links
You will find full details of the current incentive schemes that are active on the Forum on the Incentives page.
If you are unclear about anything in these Terms, or have any queries about anything relating to the Forum, please contact NWL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.